[debian-mentors] question regarding rejected uploads

Hello,

I recently adopted the "eagle" package, and with the help of the
previous maintainer was able to upload a new version (I've received
multiple requests through BTS and direct contact asking for this
version from users). My sponsor uploaded for i386 (i386.deb and
i386.changes.) However, since it is non-free, the package won't be
autobuilt on amd64, which is the only other architecture needed for
this package. Another DD tried to upload the package for amd64 so it
could migrate to testing, but it was rejected:

Reject Reasons:
eagle-data_5.7.0-2_all.deb: can not overwrite existing copy already in
the archive.
md5sum and/or size mismatch on existing copy of eagle-data_5.7.0-2_all.deb.
md5sum and/or size mismatch on existing copy of eagle_5.7.0-2.diff.gz.
md5sum and/or size mismatch on existing copy of eagle_5.7.0-2.dsc.
eagle_5.7.0-2.dsc: old version (5.7.0-2) in unstable >= new version
(5.7.0-2) targeted at unstable.
can not overwrite existing copy of 'eagle_5.7.0-2.diff.gz' already in
the archive.

What is the proper procedure for uploading additional binaries to
non-free so it can be available to users and migrate to testing?
Thank you.
Regards,
Scott Howard