Re: RFS: ooo-thumbnailer

On Sat, 6 Feb 2010, David D Lowe wrote:

On Sat, 2010-02-06 at 15:48 -0500, Asheesh Laroia wrote:
Presuming you meant
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/o/ooo-thumbnailer/ooo-thumbnailer_0.2-3.dsc
and continuing with review...

Yes, indeed, my mistake.

Well, it builds clean in a pbuilder! Pretty simple package. Let me try
it....

I installed it, and it doesn't seem to thumbnail my spreadsheet in
Nautilus. Maybe I need to restart Nautilus? /me tries that

Oh SWEET! There we go. (-:

Can you make a note explaining that in README.Debian?

Will do.

Also, I'm just wondering: why did you remove the dependency on "bash"?
Maybe I'm being silly, but I figure it does really depend on it.

Jakub Wilk (not a DD) recommended I do so. I quote: "Dependency on 'bash
(>=3)' could be dropped, as even oldstable has the requested version of
bash, and bash is essential."

Agreed -- leave out that dependency.

Ping debian-mentors when you've updated README.Debian!

And keep http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer#AdvocatingaDebianMaintainer in mind; I'd love to advocate you for DM status once we get to know each other well enough.

-- Asheesh.

--
We can defeat gravity.  The problem is the paperwork involved.