Re: RFS: ooo-thumbnailer

On Sat, 6 Feb 2010, Christoph Egger wrote:

On Sat, Feb 06, 2010 at 03:48:08PM -0500, Asheesh Laroia wrote:

Also, I'm just wondering: why did you remove the dependency on
"bash"? Maybe I'm being silly, but I figure it does really depend on
it.

	bash is Essential and you don't explicitely depend on essential
packages but assume it's there anyway.

bash is still Essential? Man, that's lame. (-;

(Other Debian mentors -- is it okay to upload a package whose version is 0.2-3 or 0.2-4 as the first Debian upload? Or should we instead rewrite history and pretend this is 0.2-1 when it's ready to go?)

There are some of the sponsors around demanding to increase the debian version for every change of a package that hit mentors and others that want a version just after the one in the archive.

So either way is okay, then.

-- Asheesh.

--
Parents often talk about the younger generation as if they didn't have
much of anything to do with it.