Re: what between ITP and RFS ?

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 11:52 AM, Jérémy Lal <jerry@edagames.com> wrote:
> Imagine this common use case :
> - create an ITP
> - then make the package available for sponsors (say, on mentors),
> - then send an RFS
> - later (sometimes a lot later, or even never), the package is uploaded
>
> Is there already a standard way of showing in the ITP
> that an RFS has been sent ?
> I ask because it's very easy to find the ITP, but it's not
> to know the current status of the ITP, until it's been resolved.
>
> I would naively add a small note to it, but it does not seem to be
> the right way.

I don't think that it's a matter of right and wrong. In fact, I can
think of a few times I wished the ITP owner had left a note about the
status. In the past I've come across ITPs that have not been closed
after months where it seemed as if the owner had simply disappeared.
After asking in the bug if I could take over the ITP, I then received
very valid reasons why the work had stalled (and would have stalled no
matter who was the owner).

I see no reason why adding a note would be "wrong." It seems to me
that it could only be helpful.

Alternatively/additionally, if you send an RFS, you could include the
ITP bug in the CC.

-- Andrew SB