Re: RFS: bro

Nicolas Alvarez <nicolas.alvarez@gmail.com> writes:

> Justin Azoff wrote:
> > I will install the debhelper backport or setup a squeeze VM and
> > rewrite the rules file.
>
> You should do all your package building and testing in sid, so install
> that in your VM.

Specifically, you should build and test using an up-to-date unstallation
of whatever Debian suite you are intending the package to be uploaded
to.

There are good reasons to target a suite other than ‘sid’, but in the
absence of those reasons you should default to targetting ‘sid’.

--
 \     “I thought I'd begin by reading a poem by Shakespeare, but then |
  `\     I thought ‘Why should I? He never reads any of mine.’” —Spike |