Re: Debian + Home automation packages

Marc Leeman writes:
> Dear mentors,

Hi,

> I'm looking for someone that would be interested in sponsoring a number
> of packages related to home automation:
>
> see:
> http://plugcomputer.org/plugforum/index.php?topic=824.0
>
> Though it is described to run on armel; I've ran it on arm, mips,
> powerpc, i386 and amd64 too (etch, lenny, sid, openwrt and custom uclibc
> embedded systems).
>
> I have this particular system and configuration up and running for quite
> some months and since Marvell seems to actively push this application
> domain forward in their latest press release about the plug computer;
> I thought it'd be best to bite the bullet and get it in Debian.
> eibd-server and eibd-clients have been running for 2 years on Debian
> based systems.
>
> All but one ITPs are in place (pthsem).

All this sound very nice, however:

* Where are your source packages located?
* Generally, your sponsor(s) would want to test the packages, however that
would need certain home automation infrastructure to be in place which is not
available everywhere, so you might need to suggest a way to simulate their
operation if that is easily possible.

> I've been maintaining a number of debian packages for over 10 years now,
> mostly in combination with a dedicated sponsor. Please reply to me in
> Cc, since I am no longer subscribed to the list itself.

Done.

--
pub 4096R/0E4BD0AB <people.fccf.net/danchev/key pgp.mit.edu>