Re: RFS: Toonloop, python-purity, python-portmidi

Hi!

At Mon, 4 Jan 2010 00:01:50 -0500,
Alexandre Quessy wrote:

> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my packages "toonloop", "python-purity"
> and "python-portmidi". Those packages all involve audio/visuals and
> networking with Python for media arts.
>
> * Package name    : toonloop
>   Version         : 1.1.4
>   Upstream Author : Alexandre Quessy
> * URL             : www.toonloop.com
> * License         : GPL v3
>   Section         : python
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> toonloop   - The Toonloop Live Stop Motion Tool.
>
> My motivation for maintaining this package is: Toonloop is my dearest
> project, and APT my favourite package manager.

> main contrib non-free
> - dget
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/t/toonloop/toonloop_1.1.4.dsc

	First of all you might want to have a look at the lintian
Warnings/Errors (just the sourcepackage below but please check also
the binary (lintian on the changes file). Then your package seems to
not be in Debian yet? if so there's no ITP bug on wnpp and the
changelog contains lots of stuff, where does that come from?

% lintian -IE --pedantic toonloop_1.1.4.dsc
W: toonloop source: diff-contains-hg-tags-file .hgtags
W: toonloop source: diff-contains-hg-control-dir .hg
W: toonloop source: debhelper-script-needs-versioned-build-depends
dh_icons (>= 5.0.51~)
W: toonloop source: changelog-should-mention-nmu
W: toonloop source: source-nmu-has-incorrect-version-number 1.1.4
E: toonloop source: missing-python-build-dependency

> ----------------
> I have also an other package to propose, that is python-purity.
>
> * Package name    : python-purity
>   Version         : 0.2.4
>   Upstream Author : Alexandre Quessy
> * URL             : http://bitbucket.org/aalex/purity/
> * License         : GPL v3, unless I change it to LGPL
>   Section         : python
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> python-purity - The Purity library for Pure Data dynamic patching.
>
> My motivation for maintaining this package is: I wrote this library.
> It wraps Pure Data in the elegant Python language.

> main contrib non-free
> - dget
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/python-purity/python-purity_0.2.4.dsc

	Same here. What I wonder as well is why you have *native* packages
here. Is that Software specific to debian in some way?

% lintian -IE --pedantic python-purity_0.2.4.dsc
W: python-purity source: diff-contains-hg-tags-file .hgtags
W: python-purity source: diff-contains-hg-control-dir .hg
E: python-purity source: missing-python-build-dependency
W: python-purity source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.8.0 (current
is 3.8.3)

> ----------------
> Finally, it would be simpler if the same mentor would also be my
> mentor for the package "python-portmidi".
> I don't know why, but I couldn't upload this one. Here is the output
> of dupload :
>
> {{{
> aalex@plouf:~/src$ dupload -t mentors python-portmidi_0.0.6-4_i386.changes
> dupload note: no announcement will be sent.
> Checking signatures before upload......signatures are ok
> Uploading (ftp) to mentors.debian.net:/
> [ job python-portmidi_0.0.6-4_i386 from python-portmidi_0.0.6-4_i386.changes
>  python-portmidi_0.0.6-4_all.deb, md5sum ok, already done for mentors
>  python-portmidi_0.0.6-4.tar.gz, md5sum ok, already done for mentors
>  python-portmidi_0.0.6-4.dsc, md5sum ok, already done for mentors
>  python-portmidi_0.0.6-4_i386.changes ok, already done for mentors ]
> Nothing to upload
> }}}

	That just tells you that you already uploaded the package to
mentors. You could just use the -f option in dupload to overwrite that
upload (and that looks like another native package? please fix that!).

> Kind regards
>  Alexandre Quessy
>  http://alexandre.quessy.net/

Regards