Re: RFS: colorcode

Hello, Lionel,

thanks for caring :-)

On Sun, Nov 08, 2009 at 03:21:19PM +0100, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 05, 2009 at 11:22:42PM +0100, Filippo Rusconi wrote:
> > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "colorcode".
>
> > * Package name    : colorcode
> >   Version         : 0.5.5-1
> >   Upstream Author : Dirk Laebisch <dirk@laebisch.de>
> > * URL             : http://colorcode.laebisch.com/
> > * License         : GPL-3
> >   Section         : games
>
> usr/share/pixmaps/colorcode32.xpm: neither gqview nor xli shows it
> reasonably. xli complains with error messages like
>  Bad color name '#A7ADAD00'

OK, this one is odd :

I installed xli for the test and it ran flawlessly (displaying the pixmap
as expected):

$ xli /usr/share/pixmaps/colorcode32.xpm
/usr/share/pixmaps/colorcode32.xpm is a 32x32 X Pixmap image (Version
3) with 229 colors titled 'colorcode__'
  Default gamma for IRGB image is  2.20
  Compressing colormap...212 unique colors
  Using DirectColor visual
  Building XImage...done

I also opened it using Gwenview and The Gimp (which is in my
experience picky about file formats) without any warning/error
message.

I wonder what this odd behaviour is due to. Note that this xpm file is
created on the fly by calling convert on a .ico file. Maybe the
conversion failed, somehow ? I am attaching the file so that you may
try it on your box.

> debian/rules:
>
> 	- $(MAKE) clean
>
> The space after "-" keeps lintian from detecting this, but
>
> W: colorcode source: debian-rules-ignores-make-clean-error line 32
> N:
> N:    A rule in the debian/rules file for this package calls the package's
> N:    clean or distclean target with a line like:
> N:
> N:     -$(MAKE) distclean
> N:    or
> N:     $(MAKE) -i distclean
> N:
> N:    The leading "-" or the option -i tells make to ignore all errors.
> N:    Normally this is done for packages using Autoconf since Makefile may not
> N:    exist. However, this line ignores all other error messages, not just the
> N:    missing Makefile error. It's better to use:
> N:
> N:     [ ! -f Makefile ] || $(MAKE) distclean
> N:
> N:    so that other error messages from the clean or distclean rule will still
> N:    be caught (or just remove the "-" if the package uses a static
> N:    makefile).
> N:
> N:    Severity: normal, Certainty: certain
> N:

Thanks for this one. Fixed.

> Except for that, it looks OK.

Great !

Please, note that the lintian -iEI --pedantic run on the package
complains about the man page since one day (yesterday it did not
complain at all).

Apparently there is a bug in either col or man with respect to
character codes depending on the encoding of the man page. Please have
a look at http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=555330.

I am uploading the modified package.

Thanks again !

Ciao,
                 Filippo

--
Filippo Rusconi, PhD - CNRS - public key C78F687C
Author of ``massXpert''     at http://www.massxpert.org