Re: "One time" post-invoke hook

Le vendredi 06 novembre 2009 à 08:39 +0100, Julien Valroff a écrit :
> Hi Charles,
>
> Thanks for your answer.

> > Hello Julien,
> >
> > if you can cooperate with the maintainers of packages like unhide, maybe you
> > can arrange a dpkg trigger? (man 5 deb-triggers)
>
> You are right, I think that is the best method which could also be used
> by other packages so that the rkhunter database is only updated when
> packages are upgraded/installed.
>
> I already had a look to the triggers, but I am not sure to understand
> everything.
>
> In the rkhunter & unhide example, rkhunter needs to declare a trigger.
> But where and how?
>
> unhide needs to declare its interest in this trigger in debian/triggers
> (interest <trigger-name>)

Well, I think I have done the right thing:
add a debian/triggers to both rkhunter and unhide containing:
interest rkhunter-update-database

In rkhunter postinst, I have added a triggered action which runs
rkhunter --propupd

However, if I install rkhunter (unhide being installed automatically by
aptitude), nothing happens.
If I reinstall unhide, the trigger is activated.

It seems the trigger is not yet installed though rkhunter is configured
before unhide.

Cheers,
Julien