Re: "One time" post-invoke hook

Hi Charles,

Thanks for your answer.

Le vendredi 06 novembre 2009 à 15:37 +0900, Charles Plessy a écrit :
> > Le mercredi 04 novembre 2009 à 19:08 +0100, Julien Valroff a écrit :
> > > Hi,
> > >

> > > rkhunter recommends some packages, eg. unhide, which are configured
> > > after rkhunter, and hence after rkhunter postinst script is run.
>
> Hello Julien,
>
> if you can cooperate with the maintainers of packages like unhide, maybe you
> can arrange a dpkg trigger? (man 5 deb-triggers)

You are right, I think that is the best method which could also be used
by other packages so that the rkhunter database is only updated when
packages are upgraded/installed.

I already had a look to the triggers, but I am not sure to understand
everything.

In the rkhunter & unhide example, rkhunter needs to declare a trigger.
But where and how?

unhide needs to declare its interest in this trigger in debian/triggers
(interest <trigger-name>)

Have a nice day as well

Cheers,
Julien