Re: Upload of a non-latest upstream version?

Ludovico Cavedon <ludovico.cavedon@gmail.com> writes:

> Would it be acceptable to upload 0.8 to the NEW queue and in the
> meanwhile help to get python-iniparse into Debian? Or is uploading
> non-latest upstream versions something that must not be done?

As the package maintainer, it's your call what version to package, and
the responsibility for that decision falls to you. The latest is
preferable, if all else is equal, but as you point out, all else is not
equal in this case.

If you feel that packaging tortoisehg 0.8 would better serve users than
tortoisehg 0.8.2, and are prepared to back that decision up with good
reasoning (as you clearly seem to be), I would say go ahead and do it.

--
 \     “I was sad because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no |
  `\       feet. So I said, ‘Got any shoes you're not using?’” —Steven |