Re: RFS: libmpcdec (updated package)

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 12:20:04PM +0300, Yavor Doganov wrote:
> The plan for this package is to die ASAP, to be replaced by the new
> libmpc package.  I see no point in adopting it, better help with the
> libmpcdec6 transition and eventually co-maintain the new package, if
> its maintainers are seeking co-maintainers.

I know, but until the transition is not done completely we have to
support the previous package, i.e.: incorporating the diff from the NMU
in the first place and fixing any future RC bugs; IMHO this should be
done until we have packages dependening on it.

What is your proposal? Not to adopt the package and have QA handling the
RC bugs (if any) in a rush? I suppose that the QA team has already
enough work on their own. Do you want to leave the package orphaned
until the transition is complete?

I'm trying to understand what are the advantages of adopting the package
(and having someone addressing the bugs that can arise before the
transition is complete) or leaving the package and don't care, just
bcause we have a new version and, who cares about the old one, the
software should just port to the new version.

> > The upload would fix these bugs: 519135, 529456
>                                    ^^^^^^
> Please read the thread on debian-release.  The list of bugs is
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?which=tag&users=debian-release@lists.debian.org&data=libmpcdec6-transition

I'm aware of the transition and, as you can see from the bug itself, the
upload *does* fix the bug by incorporating the NMU from Adeodato

Cheers
Antonio