Re: RFS: kmfl-keyboards-mywin (updated package)

Hi Paul,

Thanks very much for the review, I've updated the package accordingly and uploaded the revised files to mentors (still at same version number).

Paul Wise wrote:
You could reduce the amount of changes needed in debian/rules in
future by using wildcards in debian/rules.
Added a wild card.
Alternatively, since you
are upstream, why does the .kmn file need to have a version number in
it?
My original thinking was that if people are installing it directly rather than through a package then it is easier to see the version number quickly.
The upstream copyright years changed, but you did not change the ones
in debian/copyright.
Updated.
You use an outdated Standards-Version, please read the upgrading
checklist document and make any needed changes.
Updated to 3.8.3.
The debian/changelog entry for 2.2.0-1 closes #456317, but that was
already closed by version 2.1.1-2.
Fixed the changelog so it shows it as closed in 2.1.1-2.
Why do you install the .bmp and .png files twice?
When you start scim with scim -d it shows a warning if the .bmp file is not in /usr/share/scim/kmfl. However, when you actually select the keyboard it requires the .bmp file to be in /usr/share/scim/kmfl/icons. The png wasn't actually being used directly, so I've moved it to /usr/share/doc/kmfl-keyboards-mywin where it is linked to by the welcome.htm.
Some complaints from lintian --info --display-info
--display-experimental --pedantic --show-overrides --checksums --color
auto
The lintian output is clean now. For the upstream changelog I just created a file which says to look in the header of the kmn file. I hope this is OK.

PS: do you plan to package any of the other ThanLwinSoft software for Debian?

Most of the other software I have released on my website is written in Java and is using Eclipse 3.4. I see that Eclipse 3.4.1 is now in debian unstable, so I will consider packaging DocCharConvert, which would probably be the most useful, when I get some time.
PPS: some Debian i18n links in case you want to do some translation
and are not yet working on that:
I'm currently assisting some others with the translation of OpenOffice into Burmese, so when that's ready it should be picked up by debian anyway.

cheers,
Keith