Problem with debian/rules

Hi there,

  There is a problem with the following rules file (in dicom3tools), I wrote:

	for file in ancp andiff antodc.all binpatch bmpdump dcanon dcburn
dccmp dccomb dcdecmpr dcdiff dclutburn \
							dclutmix dcmvhier.8only dcmvhier.all dcortho dcostosr dcpost
dcproj dcrmsfx.all dcsrdump \
							dcsrmrg dcsub dcswab dctopgm8 dcunjpeg.all dumptiff dumpwhat
gentodc.dat.all jpegdump \
							jpegsplit pbmswbit pgmtobmp pnmpred pnmtoraw pqsplit rawarith
rawdiff rawmask rawnjl; do \
		find $(CURDIR)/debian/dicom3tools -type f -name $$file\* -print | xargs rm; \
	done

But this seems to be a problem on every single buildd machine (*).
Does anyone see what could be wrong ? What I am trying to do is
remove, at the same time any existing man page ($file.1) or executable
($file) from a top level directory.

Thanks,

(*)
https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=dicom3tools&arch=amd64&ver=1.0~20090716-1&stamp=1251914363&file=log&as=raw

for file in ancp andiff antodc.all binpatch bmpdump dcanon dcburn
dccmp dccomb dcdecmpr dcdiff dclutburn \
							dclutmix dcmvhier.8only dcmvhier.all dcortho dcostosr dcpost
dcproj dcrmsfx.all dcsrdump \
							dcsrmrg dcsub dcswab dctopgm8 dcunjpeg.all dumptiff dumpwhat
gentodc.dat.all jpegdump \
							jpegsplit pbmswbit pgmtobmp pnmpred pnmtoraw pqsplit rawarith
rawdiff rawmask rawnjl; do \
		find /build/buildd/dicom3tools-1.0~20090716/debian/dicom3tools -type
f -name $file\* -print | xargs rm; \
	done
rm: missing operand
Try `rm --help' for more information.