Re: RFS: abr2gbr (updated package)

Hello Alice,

Alice Ferrazzi wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1.0.3-1
> of my package "abr2gbr".
Here's my review:

- I didn't see 1.0.3 version on upstream site;
- debian/compat: 'dpkg-source: warning: file abr2gbr-1.0.3/debian/compat has
no final newline (either original or modified version)' complaint during the
build, you may want to fix it;
- consider manual adding of '-O2' option when compiling the binary (and
suggest upstream to do it);
- consider lowercasing the first letter of the short description, as suggested
by developers reverence;
- debian/changelog: entries (at least for 1.0.3-1) are very short and should
be advanced, I came to package and haven't understood what things you changed
in the last version (developers reverence contains a paragraph how to write
good changelogs);
- debian/rules: you should clean the rules by removing commented entries and
unneeded (e.g. dh_installexamples) debhelper commands, you also may consider
just using debhelper v7 minimal rules file (see examples in dh(1)).

C++/Perl developer, Debian Developer