Re: RFS: drcom-pum

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 05:16:11PM +0300, Peter Pentchev wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 09:54:44PM +0800, Henry Huang wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 3:55 AM, Jan Hauke Rahm<info@jhr-online.de> wrote:
> [snip]
> > > As far as I can tell your package looks quite nice. Your debian/rules
> > > could be much shorter, though. Comments could be deleted and since
> > > you've already set dh compatibility to 7 you could also make use of it.
> > > A simple
> > >
> > > #!/usr/bin/make -f
> > >
> > > %:
> > >    dh $@
> > >
> > > would do the trick.
> >
> > it is the easiest way for me to use dh(1).
> > However, i need to specify the name of init script and drcomclient
> > manpage as follows:
> >
> > 	dh_installinit --name=drcom
> > 	dh_installman --name=drcom
> >
> > So i keep the original debian/rules by deleting the comments in it.
>
> Well, you can do that by either using...
>
> 	dh install --before init
> 	dh_installinit --foo
> 	dh install --before man
> 	dh_installman --bar
> 	dh install --remaining

And, of course, this should be in the opposite order, since dh(1)
invokes dh_installman before dh_installinit :)

> ...or, with debhelper (>= 7.0.50):
>
> override_dh_installinit:
> 	dh_installinit --foo
>
> override_dh_installman:
> 	dh_installman --bar
>
> %:
> 	dh $@

This is order-independent.

Okay, okay, I know, three mails on the subject is about enough,
I'm stopping now :)

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@space.bg    roam@FreeBSD.org
This inert sentence is my body, but my soul is alive, dancing in the sparks of your brain.