Re: RFS: kabikaboo --lintian-clean? no.

Thank you for the response.

My relevant directory looks something like this:

		               kabikaboo_1.1-3_i386.changes
kabikaboo_1.1/                 kabikaboo_1.1-3_i386.deb
kabikaboo_1.1-3_amd64.changes  kabikaboo_1.1-3_i386.deb.asc
kabikaboo_1.1-3_amd64.deb      kabikaboo_1.1-3_i386.upload
kabikaboo_1.1-3_amd64.deb.asc  kabikaboo_1.1-3.tar.gz
kabikaboo_1.1-3_amd64.upload
kabikaboo_1.1-3.dsc

I tried changing from "kabikaboo-1.1" to "kabikaboo_1.1".  Maybe this
was unnecessary, I still got the warning.

I tried changing the version "1.1-3" to "1.1_3" in "changelog", but it
said: dont use underscores!

I dont have any *.orig.tar.gz files, I dont recall ever having one.

I'm at a bit of a loss.  I will try again tomorrow when I have am able
to drink coffee again.

cheers
Dave Kerr

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
In <[🔎] 4A394FAD.1060106@shaw.ca>, Dave Kerr wrote:
Well the system e-mailed me back and said :

---

Your package does not seem to be lintian clean.
'lintian' is a tool to verify if source package contain obvious
packaging errors. These warnings/errors were found:
W: kabikaboo source: native-package-with-dash-version
N:
N:    Native packaging should only be used if a piece of software was
written
N:    specifically to be turned into a Debian package. In this case, the
N:    version number should not contain a Debian revision part.
N:
N:    Native source packages are sometimes created by accident. In most
cases
N:    the reason is the location of the original source tarball.
dpkg-source N: searches for this in ../package_upstream-version.orig.tar.gz.

You should be using non-native packaging for your package.

Fixing this is probably just an issue of renaming your .orig.tar.gz. If your package is version 1.0-1 you should be using "package_1.0.orig.tar.gz" not "package_1.0-1.orig.tar.gz". In general the .orig.tar.gz name will not include the debian revision part of the non-native package version.

I swear I was tricked by the "lintian" tool.

Lintian is undergoing constant improvement. You should make sure and use the lintian version from Sid. You can use apt-pinning to get lintian from Sid while continuing to get other packages from stable/testing/whatever. If you are using pbuilder to build your package inside a Sid chroot (packages for uploading to unstable should always be built in a Sid environment), you can use a post-build hook to run Sid's lintian against the package.