Re: FYI: QA uploads primer

Sandro, in your first reply, you suggested 3 alternatives, one of which was
"fix it". You seem to be quite upset despite me taking into account your
specific suggestions for improvements. I'm just curious, what more would it
take for you to consider it fixed?

I see your point about low-quality RFSs and the limited time of DDs, but your
thesis basically boils down to "let's have less documentation so that the
wrong people won't even try".

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 08:13:03AM +0200, Sandro Tosi wrote [edited]:
> it will be your fault to keep spreading damn wrong suggestions.

Have you looked at wiki.d.o/HowToPackageForDebian? Here are some "damn wrong
suggestions" from that page:

    This HowTo is intended to show that Debian packaging is not that hard.
    Since Debian packaging is not that hard, why shouldn't plain beginners
    understand and do it, too?
    [..]
    Since the Debian Policy and the Debian New Maintainers' Guide sometimes are
    too big to read for people who prefer a more pragmatic approach to problems,
    this HowTo will focus on a pragmatic approach to learning how to create Debian
    packages.

Pragmatic approach? Too big to read? Crazy talk, huh? I say let's remove that
wiki page too. In fact, let's drop the whole wiki and replace it with your
great suggestion: "Read the policy, devref, and newmaint ... and use your
brain".

-S

ps. I've removed all wiki links to the QAUploadsPrimer; feel free to delete
the page