Re: RFS: mupen64plus

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 12:22:21 -0700 Piotr Ożarowski wrote:
> * Please remove Dm-Upload-Allowed, I don't know you guys and even if I
>   would, I'd most probably not upload a NEW package with this flag.
If it is your opinion then I will change that.

>   Please remind me that one of you has DM status after few uploads in a
>   row without my comments and I'll try to figure something else in
>   order not to loose a sponsoree ;-)
Hm, I don't understand what you want to say here.

> * I'd use contrib for this package, but it looks like ftp-masters
>   already accepted other emulators in main, so I guess it's ok
This was my first intention, but a quick search in the package archive
revealed that many similar (beside the non-free) emulator packages are in
main.

> * you need quilt (>= 0.46-7) build dependency for dh --with quilt
Thanks. I couldn't find that information when I did the conversation to dh,
but a quick search with this version number showed that it is mentioned in
#532127.

> * can you do with lzma something similar to you did with bz2 and zlib?
No, not at the moment. The lzma-dev doesn't provide a shared object. I changed
it now to link against the static libraries from lzma-dev instead of the
LzmaDecode-stuff in ./main/7zip/.
The ./main/lzma/ stuff cannot be changed because it is taken from libxz (as it
was called liblzma). This isn't packaged in debian yet. See #518803 and
#532501 for more informations.

> * how about using "plugin-based Nintendo 64 emulator" as short
>   description or at least mention "Nintendo 64" in short or long
>   description (it mentions "N64" only right now)
Yes, I will change that.

> * could you attach prune-tarball.sh to debian/watch (see `man uscan` for
>   more info) - this will ease sponsoring new upstream releases in the
>   future
Done. Also added a get-orig-source target in debian/rules.

> * could you remove all changelog entries except 1.5-1 and rename 1.5-1
>   to 1.5+dfsg1-1 (you can include patches-related items) or at least
>   mark all previous entries with UNRELEASED distribution?
I am not really happy with this one. All releases are already tagged in the
git repository. I must hope that nobody has cloned it so far. Done that
anyway.

You can get the dsc from:
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/m/mupen64plus/mupen64plus_1.5+dfsg1-1.dsc

Best Regards,