Re: RFS: xmms2 (updated package)

Benjamin Drung wrote:
> P: xmms2 source: direct-changes-in-diff-but-no-patch-system .gitignore
> and 5 more
>
> As written before, we use git to track patches. Most of these changes
> are cherry-picked.
IANADD, but this is hardly excuse to this issue, as for me. Users and
developers shouldn't need internet access to your git repo and cloning
it to apply/exclude some patch or correct one of them, or even see what
patches were applied. You can move .gitignore and other VCS stuff to
another branch and generate, for example, nice quilt patches for
package, can't you?

C++/Perl developer, Debian Maintainer