RFS: ecm -- prepares CD image files so they compress better

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "ecm"

* Package name    : ecm
  Version         : 1.00
  Upstream Author :  Neill Corlett <neill@neillcorlet.com>
* URL             : http://www.neillcorlett.com/ecm/
* License         : GPL2+
  Programming Lang: C
  Description     : prepares CD image files so they compress better

   The ECM format allows you to reduce the size of a typical CD image
   file (BIN, CDI, NRG, CCD, or any other format that uses raw sectors).
   It works by eliminating the Error Correction/Detection Codes
   (ECC/EDC) from each sector whenever possible. The encoder
   automatically adjusts to different sector types and automatically
   skips any headers it encounters.
   Since the data skipped is nearly impossible to compress with
   traditionnal tools, the resulting ECM file will compress far better
   than the raw CD image

There's a description of how it works at http://www.neillcorlett.com/ecm/how.html, it's really neat especially if you like lossless compression techniques (the author has another neat GPL compression-related program using FFTW for functionality I also haven't found elsewhere - see http://www.neillcorlett.com/informer/ but sadly the author has turned to .Net).

It builds this binary package: ecm

The latest entry in the Debian changelog is:

ecm (1.00-1) unstable; urgency=low

  * Initial release (Closes: bug#531079).
* Repacked .zip to .tar.gz tarball, removed Windows binaries from archive (ecm.exe, unecm.exe)

The package is lintian clean (tested with unstable lintian), no warnings. It's been accepted in Ubuntu 9.04, and I've worked on it a bit more for inclusion in Debian.

- dget line:
  dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/e/ecm/ecm_1.00-1.dsc