Re: Package is RFA, got a single update

2009/6/2 Dominik Bruhn <debian@dbruhn.de>:
> Hy,
> situation: The package obexpushd is RFA. It currently has some
> debian-related bugs and a security problem. There is also a new upstream
> version (not packaged but fixing the security problem).
>
> I got a new package ready, fixing all debian-bugs, updating to the most
> recent upstream version and updating the debian/rules and
> debian/controls.
>
> Thanks
> --
> Dominik Bruhn
> mailto: dominik@dbruhn.de

Read up about WNPP [1]

In short if you want to adopt this package rename the RFA bug into ITA
bug. Change the maintainer field to your name in the debian/control.
And in debian/changelog mention that you are a new maintainer with
Closes: #the_ITA_bug_number.

[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/

--
With best regards