Re: dh 7 broken by design?

Helmut Grohne <helmut@subdivi.de> writes:

> The simple rule
> %:
> 	dh $@
> will fail miserably if there is any file named like a target. Try
> `touch build' in your favourite dh-7-package to see it break.
>
> GNU make users probably know that this is why there is a .PHONY: ...
> rule.

Yes. For this reason, I avoid the three-line rules file (despite its
cuteness), and use the .PHONY feature.

> However that one does not work with implicit dependencies and
> results in make thinking there is nothing to be done.

Can you give an example of a ‘debian/rules’ that does not work, and
what the desired behaviour would be?

--
 \        “You can't have everything; where would you put it?” —Steven |
  `\                                                            Wright |