Re: RFS: libapache2-mod-auth-cas

Hi Luk,

On Wed, 2008-12-10 at 23:49 +0100, Luk Claes wrote:
> [Note: I'm not subscribed to the list, please Cc me in replies.]

Sorry for the late reply, but you misstyped my e-mail (puparazzo instead
of pupazzoo)
so I managed to see your mail just now.

> Your package [1] has a dpatch in debian/patches, but there doesn't seem
> to be any rule to actually (de)apply it nor any build dependency on dpatch?

Ops, just a leftover of a patch that was needed in versions < 1.0.8.
Removed
in svn trunk.

> I thought dpkg-statoverride was meant to make it possible for the
> sysadmin to override the package's permissions, but you first
> unconditionally set the permissions and only afterwards call
> dpkg-statoverride, how is that supposed to work?

I reread the old threads on debian-mentors, and given that there is no
prior package and
www-data is in base-passwd, dpkg-statoverride is not needed (although
[1] seems to
imply that dpkg-statoverride should be used everytime a permission is
changed in postinst)

So I removed the postinst change and changed dh_fixperms appropriately
in trunk. Thanks for noticing and let me know if you'd like me to upload
a 1.0.8-2 to mentors.

regards,
Michele

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2008/08/msg00161.html