Re: Closing bugs, incrementing release number, and uploads to mentors.debian.net

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 5:40 PM, Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> wrote:

>> usually you would remember because you'd debdiff and interdiff
>> against the .deb and .diff.gz in the archive.
>
> How will those help me to get information about the package I'm about
> to build *before* issuing the commands to build it?

As a sponsor, usually I would do stuff like this:

dget http://mentors.....foo...-3.dsc
apt-get source foo
interdiff -z -p1 foo...-1.diff.gz foo...-3.diff.gz | less
<notice multiple changelog entries, remember -v... for later>
cd foo...
less `find debian`
<more source package review here>
pdebuild + lintian/etc
<binary package review here>
debsign
debrelease
barf mail to -mentors

You can also replace 'remember -v...' with 'forget to add -v...' :)

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise