Re: RFS: alien-arena (updated package)

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 20:17:02 -0500 Barry deFreese wrote:

> Michael Gilbert wrote:
> > Dear mentors,
> >
> > I am looking for a sponsor for the new version of alien-arena.
> > Version 7.31 fixed a nasty security issue (CVE-2009-3637), but
> > the debian package has not been updated even though the upstream
> > version has been out for over 6 months.  This is a package of
> > version 7.33.  If no one is available to maintain the package,
> > I can take it over.
> >
> > The upload would fix these bugs: 552038
> >
> > The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
> > - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free
> > - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/contrib/a/alien-arena/alien-arena_7.33-0+nmu1.dsc
> >
> > The data packages are also available:
> > - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free
> > - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/non-free/a/alien-arena-data/alien-arena-data_7.33-0+nmu1.dsc
> >
> > I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
> >
> > Kind regards,
> > Michael Gilbert
> >

> If I remember correctly, part of the issue with updating alien-arena is the size
> of the package.  Though I might be confusing it with another.

I think that this message [0] was the resolution on that. Packages of
any size are allowed, but anything larger than 300 MiB will not be
included on the CD distribution only (packages of any size will be
included on DVDs, Blue Rays, and ftp/http archives), which seems like a
very reasonable solution.

Mike

[0] http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-cd@lists.debian.org/msg18814.html