Re: RFS: ocropus (updated package, 2nd try)

* Michal Čihař <nijel@debian.org>, 2009-11-30, 13:11:
>> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/o/ocropus/ocropus_0.3.1-1.dsc
>
>What is the reason for running autoreconf in clean?

Upstream build system is horribly broken. That was the easiest way to
sanitize it. (The "autoreconf" line may look purposeless, but with it
the package FTBFS.)

Well I ran into this wile running build in pbuilder, but it runs clean
on the local system, where I don't have automake1.9. Do you really need
this exact version?

Possibly this exact version is not needed. I was just following this part of /usr/share/doc/autotools-dev/README.Debian.gz:

For automake 1.6 and above, and newest autoconf:
[...]
  - Call the automake suite using *versioned* names ("automake-1.9", etc),
    OR use autoreconf, but set the environment variables accordingly to
    the versioned names.  Otherwise, you may get a higher version than
    what you expected.  If you know your Makefile.am files are very well
    behaved, and will not break with a newer automake, versioned names are
    optional.

Upstream is apparently using 1.9.6 so I thought it was the safest choice to hardcode automake-1.9.

--
Jakub Wilk