How to properly register a program in KDE/GNOME

Hello,

I'm trying to get FreeMind files to be properly opened with FreeMind within KDE/GNOME (and probably other freedesktop compatible desktops), e.g. click in Konqueror on a FreeMind file (shown with the FreeMind icon) and FreeMind is opened with the file.

I'm quite at the end of my knowledge and I haven't found a documentation that explains it all.

I have the following:

$ cat /usr/share/applications/freemind.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=FreeMind
Exec=/usr/bin/freemind
Terminal=false
Icon=/usr/share/pixmaps/FreeMindWindowIcon.xpm
Type=Application
MimeType=application/x-freemind
Categories=Application;Office;
GenericName=FreeMind
Comment=A free mind mapping tool

$ cat /usr/share/mime/packages/freemind.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<mime-info xmlns="http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/shared-mime-info";>
    <mime-type type="application/x-freemind">
        <comment xml:lang="cs">FreeMind Mapa</comment>
[...]
        <comment xml:lang="zh">FreeMind 心智圖</comment>
        <glob pattern="*.mm"/>
        <magic priority="65">
                <match type="string" value="&lt;map" offset="0"/>
        </magic>
    </mime-type>
</mime-info>
(the magic thing is needed to make the difference with troff files)

$ cat /usr/lib/mime/packages/freemind
application/x-freemind; /usr/bin/freemind '%s'; test=test -n "$DISPLAY"; description="FreeMind MindMap file"; textualnewlines; nametemplate=%s.mm

$ cat /usr/share/menu/freemind
?package(freemind):needs="X11" section="Applications/Office"\
  icon="/usr/share/pixmaps/FreeMindWindowIcon.xpm"\
  title="FreeMind" command="/usr/bin/freemind"

$ file New\ Mindmap.mm
New Mindmap.mm: Freemind document

I'm using CDBS for my package, but konqueror continues to interpret FreeMind files as text file, without proper icon and without FreeMind automatic opening. From users' feedbacks, I understand that it's the same problem under GNOME.

I haven't it yet in my package but I tried to call "update-mime-database /usr/share/mime" by hand, without noticeable effect...

Any idea what I'm missing?

Thanks, Eric