"One time" post-invoke hook

Hi,

I am trying to address bug #544573 [1] against rkhunter which I
maintain.

rkhunter postinst script is used to call rkhunter --propupd which
updates/creates its file properties database.

rkhunter recommends some packages, eg. unhide, which are configured
after rkhunter, and hence after rkhunter postinst script is run.

Is there any way to add a temporary post-invoke hook so that the
database is updated/created after all packages are configured?

I have thought that adding a configuration file in /etc/apt/apt.conf.d
in postinst would work, but as apt is already running, it won't consider
that file until the next time it is run.

Another mean would be to force packages like unhide to be configured
before rkhunter (a kind of 'pre-recommends' dependency).

Any hint for this?

Cheers,
Julien

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/544573