Re: different package and source name

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009, Jaromír Mikeš wrote:
> Here is layout of files which are installed by 'lv2-c++-tools'
> source (except of files which should be part of dev package)

> /usr/lib/libpaq.so.0.0.0
> /usr/lib/libpaq.so.0 -> libpaq.so.0.0.0

These two should be in libpaq0

> /usr/lib/liblv2-plugin.a
> /usr/lib/libpaq.a
> /usr/lib/liblv2-gui.a

These three belong in the -dev package; probably libpaq0.

> /usr/bin/lv2soname
> /usr/bin/lv2peg

I didn't bother to check what these do, but most likely they belong in
the -dev package as well.

> Any idea how to spread them to more packages?

I didn't check closely enough when I was glancing at the source
package, and thought that it created shared libraries for
liblv2-plugin and liblv2-gui. Since it doesn't, they don't belong
anywhere else but the -dev package.

Before going any further, you really, really, need to read the Library
Packaging Guide which covers this kind of thing.

Don Armstrong

--
"There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the
right keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself."