Re: different package and source name

> Od: Don Armstrong <don@debian.org>

JM> > I am preparing package from 'lv2-c++-tools' source. It is library so I called
JM> > packages 'lv2-c++-tools0' and 'lv2-c++-tools-dev'
JM> > But I got this warning from lintian:
JM> > W: lv2-c++-tools0: package-name-doesnt-match-sonames libpaq0

JM> > I renamed packages to libpaq0 and libpaq-dev.

DA> lv2-c++-tools contains at least three libraries; liblv2-gui,
DA> liblv2-plugin, and libpaq; presumably you should be building separate
DA> binaries and -dev packages for them all.

Here is layout of files which are installed by 'lv2-c++-tools' source (except of files which should be part of dev package)
/usr/lib/libpaq.so.0.0.0
/usr/lib/liblv2-plugin.a
/usr/lib/libpaq.a
/usr/lib/liblv2-gui.a
/usr/bin/lv2soname
/usr/bin/lv2peg
/usr/lib/libpaq.so.0 -> libpaq.so.0.0.0

Any idea how to spread them to more packages?

thanks for help

mira