Re: piuparts, how to interpret logs ???

Hi Laurent,

On Montag, 26. Oktober 2009, Laurent Guignard wrote:
> I would like to know how to interpret piuparts logs.
> You can find in [1] and [2] information about package and logs provided
> from Debian pages...
>
> Where can i find information about to solve the problem if needed ?
> I search in google about piuparts information but i found only [3] as
> documentation.

http://piuparts.debian.org has links to
http://wiki.debian.org/piuparts/FAQ
http://piuparts.debian.org/doc/README.html
http://piuparts.debian.org/doc/piuparts.1.html
and
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/

As you seem to be using ucf in postrm, this seems to be the right quote:

From the third paragraph about the meaning of the depends field in
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-relationships.html#s-binarydeps

The Depends field should also be used if the postinst, prerm or postrm scripts
require the package to be present in order to run. __Note, however, that the
postrm cannot rely on any non-essential packages to be present during the
purge phase__.

regards,
	Holger