Re: piuparts, how to interpret logs ???

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 20:52:56 +0700, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 02:28:10PM +0100, Laurent Guignard wrote:
>
> > I would like to know how to interpret piuparts logs.
> > You can find in [1] and [2] information about package and logs provided from
> > Debian pages...
> >
> > Where can i find information about to solve the problem if needed ?
> > I search in google about piuparts information but i found only [3] as
> > documentation.
>
> You can see what actually happens in the test from [4], the link from the
> tested version of your package in [1].
>
> For your case, the package's postrm depends on ucf, which can be unavailable
> in purge stage.
>
> > [1] : http://piuparts.debian.org/sid/source/d/dhcp-probe.html
> > [2] : http://piuparts.debian.org/sid/state-failed-testing.html#dhcp-probe
> >
> > [3] : http://wiki.debian.org/piuparts
>
> [4] http://piuparts.debian.org/sid/fail/dhcp-probe_1.3.0-3.log

I don't understand how ucf can be unavailable has there is this in
debian/control file :
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, ${misc:Depends}, ucf, libpcap0.8 (>= 0.9), libnet1
(>= 1.1.2.1-3)

So, it seems that ucf has and will be installed when dhcp-probe is
installed...

Yes, ucf is not in "Build-Depends:" parameter, it isn't needed to build the
package !

So i don't understand !

Best regards.

--
Laurent Guignard, Registered as user #301590 with the Linux Counter
Site : http://www.famille-guignard.org