Re: RFS: texi2html (updated package) fix bug: 534127

Hi Francesco,

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 11:26:53AM +0200, Francesco Cecconi wrote:
> > * You have quite a few lines for the CFLAGS but you're building an arch:
> >   all package. Is there something that is compiled or is that bogus? :)
> done, i have updated the rules

To be clear: you didn't have to, I just wanted to make sure you know
what you're doing. :)

> > One last thing: why didn't you update to the latest upstream version
> > earlier? There is even a bug report about it, so I assume you missed the
> > new version somehow?
> yes Hauke, i missed the new upstream version :)

Happens.

Uploaded.

For future releases: use changelog to document what you're doing (and
possibly why) instead of what files you're acting on. I.e.

  * Switched to debhelper 7

instead of

  * [debian/control]: update debhelper to version 7
  * [debian/compat]: updated to level 7
  * [debian/rules]: Updated

It's pretty obvious that you updated debian/compat and debian/control
but not what you actually changed in the build process. If you want to
be more verbose, elaborate what you really did.

  * Switched to debhelper 7
    + debian/control: updated dependency
    + debian/rules: removed unnecessary dh_* calls, changed dh_clean -k
      to dh_prep

Or similar... It is just a matter of taste after all, so just a
suggestion. :)

Hauke