Re: Copyright if package is taken over?

Patrick Matthäi wrote:

Harry Rickards schrieb:
Ok. I've already removed the changelog entries, and I haven't got a copy
locally anywhere. I'm CC'ing this to upstream and Gurkan to see if
either of them have the changelog entries.

Sorry, but this is a big/epic FAIL, because:
1) Use a VCS
2) You are not using a VCS? USE IT!
3) Still not using? WTF, use a VCS!
4) Get the old files with apt-get source <package> /
http://packages.debian.org/

I am using a VCS now, but I wasn't before I removed the
changelog entries. I can't get the old files with apt-get source or packages.debian.org, because Gurkan's packages were never in Debian. I was given a link to them by upstream after contacting upstream asking how I could help with the packaging. I have managed to get the old packages from that link though, so I can get the changelogs from there. Considering that upstream release regularly and the next release will probably be in 2 or 3 weeks, does this warrant a new upload?

--
Harry Rickards - harry@linux.com | hrickards@oftle.com
Debian Lenny server | Debian Sid desktop | UNR Karmic netbook