Re: RFS: simple-xml

> > * Package name    : simple-xml
>
> [...]
>
> > The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
> > - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable
> > main contrib non-free
> > - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/simple-xml/simple-
> > xml_2.1.4-1.dsc
> >
> > I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
>
> Before, could you change a few things:
> * remove the two jar in lib/ and add a README.source to explain it

Done.

> * please add a watch file and a repack script which is going to remove
> lib/*.jar automatically

OK. I added a watch-file, but unfortunately it does not work correctly. I used
the example for SourceForge-projects but the structure of the simple releases
is not unitary, see [1].
uscan reports: "Newest version on remote site is 2.1.1, local version is
2.1.5". How can I fix this?

I wrote a repack-script and placed it in debian/ but I am not sure if this is
what you meant. It takes the file-name of the original-upstream tarball as
argument, unpacks it, deletes the jar files and packs it again.

> * update the control file with debian-java as a maintainer and you as an
> uploader

Done

> * please import the debian/ directory into the svn of the debian-java
> team and add the Vcs-Svn & Vcs-Browser elements

Done (Added to trunk/simple-xml)

> * in Build-Depends, please change openjdk-6-jdk => default-jdk

Done.

> * java5-runtime-headless what is this package ? I cannot find any
> reference to it.

I realized, that simple-xml does not really depend on Java 5 _at runtime_,
only at compile-time because of the use of annotations. Changed to java2-
runtime-headless.
But I do not know how the policy of Debian is. As much compatibility as
possible? Is there even a JVM in Debian Unstable which does not provide java5-
runtime? Maybe we should depend on java5-runtime-headless and compile with
Java 5 class format?

> Once it is done, I will be happy to upload it for you.

Thanks a lot for your help!

I am looking forward to the upload :)

Regards,
Fabian