Re: script-with-language-extension

Le Mon, Oct 05, 2009 at 02:32:50AM +0200, Jaromír Mikeš a écrit :
> Hello mentors,
>
> I have output this output from lintian:
> --------------
> W: zynjacku: script-with-language-extension usr/bin/lv2rack.py
> W: zynjacku: script-with-language-extension usr/bin/zynjacku.py
> W: zynjacku: script-with-language-extension usr/bin/zynspect.py
> --------------

Dear Jaromír,

for reason that I explained on debian-devel, I think that in that case it is an
error to modify program names. This creates difficulties for our users who
collaborate with users of other operating systems, for a benefit that is in my
opinion very hypothetical in most cases.

http://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/20091001012838.GA30270@kunpuu.plessy.org

I have repened the Policy bug where the renaming policy was decided, and hope
to get it reverted.

http://bugs.debian.org/190753

Have a nice day,

--