Re: script-with-language-extension

On Mon, 2009-10-05 at 13:12 +1100, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 05, 2009 at 03:43:22AM +0200, Jarom?r Mike? wrote:
> > > Od: Jarom?r Mike? <mira.mikes@seznam.cz>

> > JM> same name and in same location.

> > CLJ> How about just mv /usr/bin/lv2rack.py /usr/bin/lv2rack and so on?
> >
> > JM> nice solution ... but there is anyway something broken.
> > JM> This package actually contains two commands you can call from CLI zynjacku and
> > JM> lv2rack.
> > JM> When I remove ".py" suffixes lv2rack stop works ... zynjacku is fine.
> > JM> Without  removing ".py" suffixes both work fine.
> > JM> I have to investigate it more.
> >
> > BTW: error message for lv2rack is:
> > -------
> > $ lv2rack
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "/usr/bin/lv2rack", line 52, in <module>
> >     import zynjacku as zynjacku
> > ------
>
> So someone's using a single file as both a library and a stand-alone
> program.  Damned silly idea.  Stick zynjacku.py in a proper library path
> somewhere, and write a little shim wrapper to stick in /usr/bin that calls
> zynjacku as it expects to be called.

Involving upstream is always a good idea in these cases, since you will
be creating a divergence from pristine upstream source.

Also, isn't it possible to install zynjacku.py in site-packages (before
calling dh_pysupport, of course) and symlinking it from /usr/bin
possible too?

--
Saludos,
Felipe Sateler