Re: script-with-language-extension

From:  Jose Luis Rivas <ghostbar38@gmail.com>

JM> I have output this output from lintian:
JM> --------------
JM> W: zynjacku: script-with-language-extension usr/bin/lv2rack.py
JM> W: zynjacku: script-with-language-extension usr/bin/zynjacku.py
JM> W: zynjacku: script-with-language-extension usr/bin/zynspect.py
JM> --------------
JM>
JM> I tried (one by one) remove ".py" suffix, remove shebang by patch and then also
JM> change permission for these files.
JM> All these changes breaks functionality.
JM> What is right practice to solve this issue?

JLR> Please don't remove the shebang, just the py extension :-)

I did it, but it breaks functionality ... there exist also symlinks with same name and in same location.

usr/bin/lv2rack
usr/bin/zynjacku
usr/bin/zynspect
------
usr/bin/lv2rack.py
usr/bin/zynjacku.py
usr/bin/zynspect.py

Hmmm what about remove these symlink first and then remove suffix?
I am going to try it.

regards

mira