debian/watch question

Hi debian-mentors,

I have this URL for downloading a package:

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/downloads/index.php?s=downloads

When you click on the link for downloading the application it sends you to:

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/downloads/tarballs/1.1.1p1/mpich2-1.1.1p1.tar.gz

So I thought that If I was able to make uscan look into
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/downloads/tarballs/ I'd get the
last version of the package checked correctly. I have this in debian/watch:

# Compulsory line, this is a version 3 file
version=3

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/downloads/tarballs/(\d\.\d)/mpich2-(.*)\.tar\.gz

Which is wrong,because it gives me this as result:

muammar@obey:~/src/main/libs/mpich2/mpich2$ uscan --report
Processing watchfile line for package mpich2...
Newest version on remote site is 1.1, local version is 1.1+dfsg.1
mpich2: remote site does not even have current version
muammar@obey:~/src/main/libs/mpich2/mpich2$

So, as can be seen the version that uscan sees with my debian/watch file is
version 1.1 while the current one is 1.1.1p1. The other error I see is that the
local version the +dfsg.1 is taken in account. I know I can avoid this by
mangling that debian version part¹.

Reading the uscan's manual I saw this:

  # The filename is found by taking the last component of the URL and
       # removing everything after any '?'.  If this would not make a usable
       # filename, use filenamemangle.  For example,
       # <A href="http://foo.bar.org/download/?path=&download=foo-0.1.1.tar.gz";>
       # could be handled as:
       # opts=filenamemangle=s/.*=(.*)/$1/ \
       #     http://foo.bar.org/download/\?path=&download=foo-(.*)\.tar\.gz
       #
       # <A href="http://foo.bar.org/download/?path=&download_version=0.1.1";>
       # could be handled as:
       # opts=filenamemangle=s/.*=(.*)/foo-$1\.tar\.gz/ \
       #    http://foo.bar.org/download/\?path=&download_version=(.*)

       # The option downloadurlmangle can be used to mangle the URL of the file
       # to download.  This can only be used with http:// URLs.  This may be
       # necessary if the link given on the webpage needs to be transformed in
       # some way into one which will work automatically, for example:
       # opts=downloadurlmangle=s/prdownload/download/ \
       #   http://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2051 \
       #   http://prdownload.berlios.de/softdevice/vdr-softdevice-(.*).tgz

I made some tries with each of them, but I always got no matches :(. How can I
reach the correct version for this package? I still try it. If someone could
help me I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for reading,

1. Mangling debian version

# Similarly, the upstream part of the Debian version number can be
       # mangled:
       opts=dversionmangle=s/\.dfsg\.\d+$// \

--
Muammar El Khatib.