Re: I want to delete an ITP

i catch the point

i have no need to modify the source package name .. it can be
'libsockets++'

the builded package name can be 'libsockets++2' (due to debian-policy
8.1) and 'libsockets++-dev'

in future releases... builded: 'libsockets++3' and 'libsockets++-dev'

i have a question: in the next releases of debian there may be 2
versions of my package ('libsockets++2' and 'libsockets++3')???

?????

i suppose the answer is positive if i ask a sponsor to upload the
packages, but if question is some sponsor uploaded my package today
(libsockets++2) and there is an update tomorrow (libsockets++3) and
there is another package depending on (libsockets++2)???

would be better idea if I created the package "libsockets++' and
'libsockets++-dev'???

thanks...