Re: RFS: libsockets++

Hi,

Leinier Cruz Salfran <salfrancl@ipigto.rimed.cu> writes:

> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "libsockets++".

I'm not a DD, but can offer some comments on your package:

1. The library links OpenSSL, but is GPL-only.

2. There is no need to mention the license in the package
description.

3. Current Debian Policy is 3.8.2, not 3.8.0.  Check
/usr/share/doc/debian-policy/upgrading-checklist.txt.gz.

4. In my opinion debian/README.Debian is useless.
debian/changelog has already the same information.

5. The version should include a revision for the packaging,
i.e. 2.3.5-1 instead of 2.3.5.

6. The binary package name for the shared library does not include
the soname.  See Policy ch. 8.  You should also read the Debian
Library Packaging Guide if you have not already done so.

7. There is no need to include gpl.txt as documentation.  Refer to
/usr/share/common-licenses instead.

8. The ${shlibs:Depends} should provide the correct dependencies
on other shared libraries, so there should be no need to add these
dependencies by hand as well.

Regards,
Ansgar