Re: pbuilderrc BINDMOUNTS option

On Fri, Aug 07, 2009 at 12:31:11AM +0200, Jaromír Mikeš wrote:
> I am using successfully this trick on my 32bit Ubuntu Hardy based machine for building packages in pbuilder with local packages.
> But when I run pbuilder --create process always fail like this ...
>
> I: mounting /proc filesystem
> I: mounting /dev/pts filesystem
> I: Mounting /var/cache/pbuilder/result/
>  does not existdevice /var/cache/pbuilder/result/
> W: Aborting with an error
> I: cleaning the build env
> I: removing directory /var/cache/pbuilder/build//13596 and its subdirectories
> rmdir: failed to remove `/var/cache/pbuilder/build//13596/dev/pts': Device or resource busy
> rmdir: failed to remove `/var/cache/pbuilder/build//13596/dev': Directory not empty
> rmdir: failed to remove `/var/cache/pbuilder/build//13596/proc': Device or resource busy
> rmdir: failed to remove `/var/cache/pbuilder/build//13596': Directory not empty
>
> Is there something what I am missing? I was checking man pages and googling but can't find out what is wrong.

I don't use pbuilder, but there's probably two things going on here:

1) "does not existdevice /var/cache/pbuilder/result/"

   Does the mountpoint /var/cache/pbuilder/result exist to mount
   on to inside the chroot image?  If it doesn't, mount will fail.

2) On error, /dev/pts, /dev and /proc were not umounted and/or
   deleted following umounting, which is why rmdir fails.  This
   may be a pbuilder bug, where it isn't coping properly with
   failure?

Regards,
Roger

--