Re: RFS: remotetea

Le Mon, 3 Aug 2009 14:13:34 +0200,
Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> a écrit :

> There are an awful lot of changes to the code in the diff.gz and many
> of these seem to be unnessecary because they only change a date in a
> comment. Any other changes should be forwarded upstream.

I did not notice this problem. Seems due to the test target. I will
investigate.

> The latest Standards-Version is 3.8.2, please read the upgrading.txt
> in debian-policy and make any needed changes.

I will check for this

> The package description contains a lot of jargon, you might want to
> get debian-l10n-english to review it.

I did not know about this. thanks.

> Why is there build.xml and debian/build.xml?

I remove it from the debian directory as I took it from the current
upstream CVS. The 1.0.7 release do not provide the ant build file.

> Based on the copyright file, you've repacked the tarball, a
> get-orig-source target in debian/rules might be appropriate.

Do you have a link to explain how to write this rule ?

> You can probably remove all of the comment and empty lines from the
> watch file, however the watch file will not work because upstream
> ships their code in a zip file instead of a tar.gz.

Must I send a bug to the upstream for them to also package a tar.gz ?

Thanks

Frederic