git-buildpackage issues

Hi there,

  I am really struggling to understand the process with
git/debian/collab-maint and git-buildpackage. I have been reading:

http://wiki.debian.org/Haskell/CollabMaint/GitPackaging

  But the steps do not work for me:

$ \rm -fr rsvndump
$ mkdir rsvndump
$ cd rsvndump
$ git init
Initialized empty Git repository in
/home/mathieu/Perso/gdcm/Sandbox/debian-med/build-area/rsvndump/.git/
$ git-import-dsc --pristine-tar ../rsvndump_0.5.2.dsc
Repository has uncommitted changes, commit these first:
# On branch master
#
# Initial commit
#
nothing to commit (create/copy files and use "git add" to track)

I found multiple links:
* http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/Git
* http://wiki.debian.org/PackagingWithGit

But none of them are really clear:
- What is the easiest way to init a git rep ? I do have access to a
starting .dsc file.
- what is the name of the different branches that are required to be
present in git (master, pristine-tar, upstream ...)
- how about naming convention, git branch should be named
debian/$VERSION, is this all handled by git-buildpackage somehow ?

Thanks
--
Mathieu