RFS: lives

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for the package "lives" which I updated and
removed lintian warnings and errors. This is not a non-maintainer upload
as the upstream author Gabriel Finch <salsaman@xs4all.nl> has agreed to
list me as an 'uploader' in debian/control. The original maintainer was
Gürkan Sengün <gurkan@phys.ethz.ch>.

I think the original maintainer Gürkan Sengün <gurkan@phys.ethz.ch> is a
Debian Developer as although I can't find him using db.debian.org, a
random one of his packages I chose ttf-jura has been uploaded to the
repository, but I can't find an RFS for it, only an ITP. Gürkan, if you
want to upload lives that's great, but if not don't worry.

The package requires libweed0, which is available from
debian-multimedia.org
(http://www.debian-multimedia.org/pool/main/l/lives/). However, only
binary packages exist. Does this need to be uploaded before lives can (a
source package would have to be made)?
Also, would a postinst script that downloaded and installed libweed0 be
acceptable? If not, is it unacceptable to add an override to suppress
lintian warning about symlinks to shared libraries in the main packages?

* Package name    : lives
  Version         : 1.0.0-1
  Upstream Author : Gabriel Finch <salsaman@xs4all.nl>
* URL             : http://lives.sourceforge.net/
* License         : GNU GPLv3
  Section         : graphics

It builds these binary packages:
lives      - Linux Video Editing System

The package appears to be lintian clean (without pedantic).

- - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable
main contrib non-free
- - dget
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/lives/lives_1.0.0-1.dsc

I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me, or gave me advice.

- --
Thanks for any help
Harry Rickards <hrickards@l33tmyst.com>

GPG Key Info: