Re: looking for sponsor for a non-free package

On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 19:04:39 +0200
Harald Dunkel <harald.dunkel@t-online.de> wrote:

> > In that case, the new upstream for the game (you) can write some new
> > levels that are free. It seems pointless to consign the game to
> > non-free when for the sake of a few game levels, it could be in main.
> > The "game" is not non-free, so package the game and a few new levels
> > and invite people to contribute new levels that are under the same
> > licence as the game itself.
>
> This is surely an interesting option. Blockade can read, edit and write
> ASCII files providing new levels. It is just not that good in managing
> these levels. I could improve this. And surely I can create a few new
> run levels.
>
> But don't you think it would be a pity to loose the 80 existing game
> levels?

No, not in the slightest. The levels are non-free and that is due to the
short sighted attitude of those who devised them, tough - press on
without them, their loss. Those who wanted the levels to be non-free
appear unwilling to do the work to maintain the package itself so who
cares? The game is free, let it be free and those who sought to
constrain it be damned.

--

Neil Williams