Re: looking for sponsor for a non-free package

Neil Williams wrote:

> A dead upstream effectively requires that the Debian maintainer (you)
> become the upstream - are you ready to take on that task?

Lets say I am not completely unprepared, at least from the software
engineering side ;-). But I am not sure about the options I have to
release new "upstream" versions. Do I have to run my own web page
for this purpose?

[snip]

> In that case, the new upstream for the game (you) can write some new
> levels that are free. It seems pointless to consign the game to
> non-free when for the sake of a few game levels, it could be in main.
> The "game" is not non-free, so package the game and a few new levels
> and invite people to contribute new levels that are under the same
> licence as the game itself.

This is surely an interesting option. Blockade can read, edit and write
ASCII files providing new levels. It is just not that good in managing
these levels. I could improve this. And surely I can create a few new
run levels.

But don't you think it would be a pity to loose the 80 existing game
levels?

Regards

Harri