Re: bug report for stable version

On Wednesday 08 July 2009, Paul Wise wrote:
> 2009/7/8 Stefanos Harhalakis <v13@v13.gr>:
> > There is a bug report for libnet1 which I maintain (bug #536202). The bug
> > report is for the stable version while the version in testing already
> > fixes this bug. What is the proper handling for this bug report? Should I
> > just close the bug as already fixed in testing?
>
> The Ubuntu bug report says this doesn't affect libnet1 (which you seem
> to confirm in the bug), but affects libnet0, you might want to
> reassign it there (with the appropriate version info). That said,
> libnet0 has been removed. In stable, dnsniff uses libnet1 so it
> shouldn't be affected. nemesis, paketto, sing use it in stable, all of
> which are removed from sid. Fixing the bug would probably cause the
> ABI to change on 64-bit architectures, making it libnet1 (or similar),
> so I suggest closing the bug.

Yes, I found out that there was no problem too, shortly after sending the
previous e-mail (look at the last e-mail in the bug report). I was/am waiting
for a reply from the bug reporter before closing the bug. Also, the ubuntu
(jsteel) information for the bug wasn't available then.

Thanks for looking at it. I'll wait a bit more and then close the bug.