Re: bug report for stable version

2009/7/8 Stefanos Harhalakis <v13@v13.gr>:

> There is a bug report for libnet1 which I maintain (bug #536202). The bug
> report is for the stable version while the version in testing already fixes
> this bug. What is the proper handling for this bug report? Should I just close
> the bug as already fixed in testing?

The Ubuntu bug report says this doesn't affect libnet1 (which you seem
to confirm in the bug), but affects libnet0, you might want to
reassign it there (with the appropriate version info). That said,
libnet0 has been removed. In stable, dnsniff uses libnet1 so it
shouldn't be affected. nemesis, paketto, sing use it in stable, all of
which are removed from sid. Fixing the bug would probably cause the
ABI to change on 64-bit architectures, making it libnet1 (or similar),
so I suggest closing the bug.

--
bye,
pabs